Full mouth reconstruction is recommended to patients who have several oral issues that are both aesthetic and functional. Sometimes, we get patients who have several oral issues such as cavities, teeth discoloration, gum diseases, chipped teeth, malocclusion, etc. When a patient has these many issues, the best way to get rid of all of them is using a full mouth reconstruction.
Dr. Michael Choi is a vastly experienced dentist from the Irvine, CA area. He has treated numerous patients over the years with an excellent track record. State-of-the-art technology and quality service make his practice one of the best in Irvine, CA.
Treatment procedures in full mouth reconstruction
- Fillings: Cavities are the most commonly encountered oral issue. Patients from all age groups can be affected by cavities, and when they are left untreated, the entire tooth would be at risk of being extracted. Hence, we suggest you get the teeth filled using tooth-colored fillings to restore both functionality and aesthetics.
- Crowns: Damaged, misshapen or worn out teeth could make your smile look quite displeasing. In fact, they also affect the way you bite and chew food. To get rid of this issue, we suggest you get such teeth restored by dental crowns. They are ceramic structures that restore the shape, functionality, and aesthetics of the teeth.
- Bridges: Bridges are ceramic teeth that are used to replace missing natural teeth. The procedure to get a bridge is quite simple and doesn’t require surgery. They would restore the functionality and aesthetics of the smile.
- Implants: Implants are an alternative to bridges. When a patient prefers a stronger and more long-lasting option to replace a missing tooth, we would suggest a dental implant. It would be fixed to the jawbone using a metal stud.
- Plaque and tartar removal: In simple terms, this procedure is called deep cleaning. The dentist uses a hand-held ultrasonic scaling device to get rid of the plaque and tartar from the teeth surfaces. Also, the root surfaces will be cleaned in a similar manner by a process called root planing.
- Gum contouring: Gum diseases can upset the oral health of an individual to a massive extent. The gums could look discolored, recede below the gum line, and even decay. We treat this issue using gum graft and gum surgery to bring back your oral health to perfect balance.
- Orthodontic treatment: Treating malocclusion at an early age is of high importance to prevent it from causing more serious issues in the future. If left untreated, it could lead to a change in facial shape, difficulty in biting and chewing food, etc. Our customized and advanced solutions can help you get rid of the malocclusion in considerably lesser time.
Along with these procedures, we offer dentures, veneers, composite bonding, inlays, onlays, root canal therapy, teeth whitening, etc.
Call us at 949-786-2820 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Michael Choi, one of the best dentists in Irvine, CA, and we’d be happy to help.