Dental implants are one of the most widely preferred dental restorations to replace missing natural teeth. They are anchored directly into the jawbone, giving them their excellent stability, strength, and a few other advantages that aren't seen in some of the other alternatives.
We have known implants to replace single missing teeth in most cases. In some instances, they have been coupled with dental bridges or dentures to replace multiple teeth. Perhaps, the most technologically advanced method of using dental implants for replacing more than just a few teeth is all-on-6 implants.
What are all-on-6 implants?
As the name suggests, all-on-6 implants are used to replace the teeth from an entire jaw using just six implants. They are customized teeth restorations fabricated as required by the patient and are held firmly in position by dental implants. The dentist will conduct a comprehensive dental exam and determine your candidacy for these restorations.
Why choose all-on-6 implants?
- All-on-6 implants do not require bone grafting before placing the implants in the jawbone. Patients who do not have enough jawbone volume due to the loss of a large number of teeth can benefit from these restorations.
- They are a worthy replacement or alternative for dentures as they offer excellent stability and functionality. Along with improving the patients' oral functionality and aesthetics, they stay stably in position and do not slip off or get displaced, as in the case of dentures.
- All-on-6 implants instantly make the patient look much younger as they make a face look fuller. After getting these restorations, patients can smile with confidence without feeling conscious of their facial appearance.
- With all-on-6 implants in place, you can bite and chew food as you always did with all your teeth intact. They also restore your phonetics.
- The prosthetic teeth can be personalized as needed to look absolutely natural. Anyone who looks at your teeth wouldn't have an idea that they aren't real ones. Such is the aesthetic similarity between your natural teeth and all-on-6 implant restorations.
- The healing period required is relatively minimal. It also reduces the pain and discomfort caused due to implantation procedure.
- The restorations last for a long time. All-on-6 implants would be a permanent solution for multiple missing teeth, and in comparison to other alternatives, they are easier to maintain, clean, and last significantly longer.
Once you get all-on-6 implants, the dentist will recommend a few best practices to make sure they stay as good as new for longer. After getting the restorations, the jawbone and surrounding gums adjust and adapt to the implants and slightly change in shape. If you face any pain or discomfort during this, please reach out to your dentist to get the concern addressed.
Call us at 949-786-2820 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Michael Choi, one of the best dentists in Irvine, CA, and we'd be happy to help.